Tuesday 25 August 2020

My story : Why did I start a book blog?

As early as eight years old I have always been a reader. 

Actually my dream in life was to become a librarian because apart from loving to read I have a fascination for libraries and book stores. 

In my early twenties, one of my first jobs was at a bookstore and my favorite section was the novel sections perusing the occasional book once the opportunity presented itself. 

There was a period of time however, upon entering tertiary education and moving to the corporate world that reading took somewhat of a back burner. I would still go to the library on occasion and borrow the occasional book and if I were in the mall or near a bookstore I would purchase or download a book or two on my kindle. But reading was more like an occasional hobby for me for a few years.

Fast forward to 2019. In 2019, I discovered book tube and honestly it changed my life. What fascinated me about it was not so much the content of the videos like the book hauls, T B R piles or the Book recommendations. I was fascinated that the internet through Social Media platforms like You Tube, Instagram has given new life to a hobby that most find cliche' or sometimes boring. These things renewed my love for reading and I started reading more and diversely too. 

Fast forward 2020, Coronavirus hit and as an educator I now have to deal with school closures and teaching at a distance, which means now I have some extra hours to do things that I am often busy or tired to do so.

I decided that I would try this bookstagram thing and sure enough I began actually getting followers from all over the Caribbean and the World.

Now I am taking one step further in the that this book blog can make the same impact. 

I love the idea of sharing what I am reading and most importantly, showing people that books can give you a whole world to explore.

So, in a nutshell I really did start this blog to share my passion for reading one book at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting my dear. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete