Saturday 13 February 2021

Book Review: My Monster Truck Goes Everywhere With Me (Children's Book) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



CHILDREN BOOK FEATURE


Title: My Monster Truck Goes Everywhere With Me
Author : Kathleen Marcath
Illustrated by: Isaac Liang Zhi Jie and Pardeep Mehra
Genre: Children's Book 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


About My Monster Truck Goes Everywhere With Me: 

With Dylan, every day is a new adventure! Just like our favorite toys, our words and language go EVERYWHERE with us. Come along on this imaginative adventure and experience the thrill of using sign language. Feel the excitement as Dylan uses his tow truck and wrench to fix a broken monster truck, then races to the Monster Car Rally.


Experience Dylan’s range of emotions when he discovers that his favorite Monster Truck is gone. Then follow the mystery as Dylan wonders, thinks and tries to remember where he left his truck. Feel the excitement when the truck’s whereabouts are finally discovered.


Each page is beautifully illustrated with one or more signs that you can learn with your child. The 31 signs included in the book are demonstrated by Dylan, his mom and his grandma. Learning together, you and your child will enjoy a unique bonding experience and build a strong relationship that will last a lifetime.


Review


At the beginning of 2021, when planning content for my blog I decided that I will include book reviews for children's and teens. As an educator by profession I feel it is part of my duty to encourage children and teenagers to read and to support authors who write these genres of books.


Much Thanks to the author for trusting me to review this book.


I loved this book. Plain and simple. 


This is a very well written and sequenced story about Dylan and his adventures with his favorite toy his Monster Truck. I actually became really sad when the truck went missing and became happy when he recovered it. I can imagine how wonderful a child would feel reading this book because of the emotion it evokes. The illustrations are captivating. The pictures are colorful and it will appeal to children who are visual learners.


I love the sign language element because sign language is actually on my bucket list of things to learn. The signs are very easy to follow, while reading I found myself trying to practice signing myself. This book just made me think again that sign language is something important for me to learn even as an adult. It is also good for children who read this who are not hearing impaired to acknowledge that there are other children like this and that they can communicate with them.


In all I highly recommend this. Well done!!!


Follow the link if you will like to place an order:

My Monster Truck Goes Everywhere with Me



About Kathleen Marcath: 

Kathleen Marcath has a B.A. degree in Deaf Community Studies, as well as years of experience as a Special Education Sign Language Supporter has kindled her passion for helping children reach their educational potential. Kathleen is delighted to help fill the need for picture books illustrated in American Sign Language. She is a wife, mother and grandmother and resides in Michigan.

About the Illustrators: 

Isaac Liang Zhi Jie is a Deaf illustrator based in Singapore. At the age of four he started his artistic journey by drawing on the cupboards of his home with crayons. In his free time, he gains inspiration from traveling and cafe-hopping. Through his illustrations, animations, and traditional art mediums, Isaac amplifies visions and tells visual stories in a unique way.

Pardeep Mehra of Pencil Master took Isaac’s sketches and added detail and color for the beautiful illustrations in the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment