Friday 2 July 2021

Audio Book Review : The Man I Married by Elena Wilkes


 


THE MAN I MARRIED by ELENA WILKES

You love him. You’ll do anything for him. But do you really know him?

This is the story of Lucy and Paul.

They met. They fell deeply in love. They got married.

Lucy thought that she had everything she wanted.

Until she found the photograph from Paul's past life, read the text messages he's so desperately trying to hide. Until she uncovered Paul’s darkest secrets.

Now Lucy realizes she doesn’t really know her husband. She doesn’t know if she can trust her own mind. She doesn’t know the lengths Paul would go to keep his perfect life.

And worst of all, she doesn’t know that she’s in danger...

A gripping, dark psychological thriller with an absolutely nail-biting ending that will keep you hooked - the perfect read for fans of Behind Closed Doors, Mark Edwards, and Lisa Jewell.



MY THOUGHTS 

While listening to this book I kept thinking about women in general and the choices that we make sometimes when it comes to love relationships . 


Here was Lucy, at a stage in her life where she was looking at having a happy life and of course this is what drew her to the handsome Doctor Paul Webb. But was this handsome man too good to be true?


Paul's character was well written because I was able to picture him as that perfect person from the beginning.

I think Lucy became really blinded by love or infatuation perhaps that she was unable to trust her instincts about him and like most people in love she was in denial.


Towards the middle to the end of the book I thought her friend Emma did not really stand up for her as I would have expected but then again that was part of Paul's manipulation. The ending of the book was a bit shocking to me as well I really did not expect that outcome. I will have to ponder on that for a few days. The audiobook was very well narrated, very easy to understand and very entertaining as well. I enjoyed this book very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment