Saturday 1 January 2022

NEW YEAR'S GREETINGS; 2021 WRAP UP (MY YEAR IN BOOKS)




HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!


This year was a very good reading year all things considered. I wanted to do so much with Trini Girl Reads. I think I did good considering some challenges I had with getting books reviewed. Moving forward to 2022 my focus will be on just reading and enjoying doing so. As was indicated in a previous post, for the first part of the year I am focusing on authors who graciously sent me their book to review. I have had an overwhelming amount of requests for review and once time permits I will be getting to those as well as my Net galley shelf and from my personal collections.

My wish in 2022 will be to continue to read and do what I love via my blog which is to share my passion for reading with the world .


In 2021, I read sixty five books and of course there were some favourites. 

So here are my top ten books for 2021.


1. My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
2. Verity by Colleen Hoover
3. Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
4. Everything Inside by Edwidge Danticat
5. Love After Love by Ingrid Persaud
6. How to Love a Jamaican by Alexa Arthurs 
7. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. MArin
8. The Guest List by Lucy Foley
9. Midnight Library by Matt Haig
10. Homecoming by Yaa Gyasi

Other books I really liked in 2021

1. Educated by Tara Westover
2. Patsy by Nicole Dennis Benn
3. Sisters and the Plight with Boys by N.R.White
4. Black Buck by Mateo Askaripour 
5. How the One Armed Sister Sweeps her House.
6. Stay With Me Ayobami Adebayo


 

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Guest List too. I really want to read Verity.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verity was great. I want to read some more Colleen Hoover in 2022

    ReplyDelete