Thursday 14 April 2022

Book Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover




Synopsis


When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.


My thoughts


This is one of my Between the Pages book club picks for April. This is the second Colleen Hoover book I ever read after reading the much talked about Verity last year and I must say that while Ugly Love is a completely different story it is quite a good book indeed. In recent years I have read few romance novels but I enjoyed the spin on this one. I liked how Hoover went into Miles' past and carefully explained the cause of Miles behaviour towards Tate. 

I think Tate agreeing to just a sexual relationship with Miles reminded me a bit of Anna and Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey in a way (not certain why). The word "ugly" to describe how love could become especially in light of Miles' past experience was nothing short of brilliant. The ending was very moving and touching.

It is my intention now to read more of Colleen Hoover's books. This was a good one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment