Tuesday 15 September 2020

Book Review -The Forbidden Daughter by Shobhan Bantwal

 






This was quite a gripping and interesting story.

The Forbidden daughter a story set in India, followed Isha a mother who faces a society that favors makes over females. She is pregnant with her second girl child at the beginning of the story and this led to the doctor and her in laws requesting that she have an abortion. This request setbof a chain of events including her husband's death and her in laws rejecting her forcimg her , a young widow to fend for herself.

I really enjoyed how the author took us on an adventure with Isha. I felt that I was right there experiencing everything. The story with the arrival of an admirer from college Dr. Salvi became a romantic adventure. I like it when authors work in social issues in works of fiction and this author did that remarkably.

The only thing i could say is that I would have liked a lot more adventure at the end because I think that would have really made a greater impact. Overall I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment