Saturday 19 September 2020

Book review Role Play by Tu Shonda L. Whitaker ⭐⭐⭐⭐

 




Thanks to Net galley for this ARC.


What a story that was...


I love it when a book grips me from the very beginning with characters so relatable that you can't put the book down till you reach the end and when you finally reach the end of the story it's like a big surprise ending. This is the exact feeling I got from reading Role Play.

The character I connected with most was Brooklyn. I felt she was dealt a bad hand in life and her relationship with Monty was just something she needed to survive. Monty's treatment towards Brooklyn and even Elle showed me that he had little regard for women and that he had deep seated abandonment issues from his mother leaving. The moral of this story in my opinion is that nothing in life comes easy but we need to be honest and not let our lust and greed for status and power get the better of us. 

Check out this and my other reviews on Good reads

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3553911541





No comments:

Post a Comment