Saturday 10 October 2020

Book Review _ Girl Woman Other by Bernadine Evaristo NO SPOILERS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

 



I needed a few days to get over this book. This is a no spoiler review.


I read this as an e book and now I am going to the bookstore to get a physical copy of this book to add to my shelf. Yes it was that good. The writing in the book caught me by surprise because of the layout first. there was literally no punctuation marks so entire chapters felt as one sentence. In my opinion this was brilliant because it really kept me reading wanting to get to the very end. 

The story began with this woman named Amma who apart from being a radical feminist and part of the LBGTQ community she was a black woman, owner of a theatre living in Britain. She was getting ready to host her biggest theatre production yet, and through the guests at the play we see lives of other women coming together. I think everyone should read this book. It exceeded my expectations and it was well deserving of the Man Booker Prize of 2019. I plan to read more from this author.



No comments:

Post a Comment