Friday 6 November 2020

Five Tips for Reading on a busy schedule.....


 

People often ask me; where do I find time to read. 


I tell them that I make time out of my sometimes hectic day to read. 

During the school term (I'm a teacher) I am often busy planning lessons and grading papers that I sometimes become so overwhelmed with work. Besides my job I am a wife and have many things to do around the house. 

While COVID has forced the closure of schools and I am now teaching at home, I recently started doing studies at the University and that has made me busier than usual because now I spend most of my day in my home office.

In spite of this I make time to read because to me reading provides an escape from my hectic lifestyle and gives me mental peace. Here are five tips to help you make time to read. I am by no means an expert I am just sharing some ideas that may help you.

Tip #1

Make a schedule

Perhaps you have a daily planner where you write down your schedule or better yet, maybe you use your computer or phone to note your plans. Within that daily planning set aside a part of your day maybe a half an hour to read. You would not believe how much reading you can get done in that short time frame.


Tip #2

Always have a book

I always have a book or my kindle with me in my hand bag or somewhere in the house nearby if I am home. If I go by my hairdresser or if I am commuting, or even if I have to wait to be attended to somewhere like at the bank. You can always see me pulling out a book or something to read.


Tip # 3

Set a reading time.

I love reading as I wake up in the morning or just before bed. Those are the times when my mind is most alert and my body is most rested. You can make a specific reading time for yourself. We spend so much time on social media on the internet maybe it would be better if we start reading.


Tip # 4 

Read in different formats.

I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to reading so I like physical books however, I noticed that when I read electronically I tend to get through a book quicker. So maybe you are intimidated with the size of a book, perhaps if you try to read on an iPad or Kindle E reader you may get through more books and read more.


Tip #5

Think of reading as something important

I believe once reading is seen as essential in your life it does not matter if you are busy, you will make time to do it.


So guys these are my tips for reading on a busy schedule. Share in the comments down below any tips you may have

Take Care!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment