Saturday 16 January 2021

Book review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid⭐⭐⭐⭐

 



Title: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
Author: Taylor Jenkins Reid
Pages:391
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Contemporary, LGBT, Adult
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


2021 is off to a great start for me with this book. 

This has been on my TBR for a very long time and all I can say about it is that it lived up to the hype.

Prior to reading this I heard so many rave reviews and the fact that it did not disappoint gave me peace.

Monique Grant is a young writer, working for a magazine called Vivant. Newly separated from her husband, Monique is requested for by none other than Evelyn Hugo who wants Monique to write not just a story for the magazine but her autobiography.

As Monique interviews Evelyn she is told a story about a life of intrigue and tragedy.  It was also a story about the great lengths we will go in life to protect the ones we love and for love. In my opinion this was the best part of the book.

With an ending so shocking that Monique couldn't believe it.

This story was well written. I enjoyed it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment